United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
In 2005, UBA was born through one of the biggest mergers on the African continent capital markets with the business combination with Standard Trust Bank (STB) Plc. From the merger UBA has emerged as a Pan-African provides a full range of solutions and services that span the full value chain from retail to corporate. UBA is also the acclaimed leader in electronic payments in the sub-region.
We are recruiting to fill the following vacant positions below:
Job Title: Regional Recovery Officer
Reference No: #RMD0080219
Locations: Abuja, Benin-Edo, Lagos, Port Harcourt-Rivers
Job Functions: Sales
Industries: Banking / Finance & Investment
Contract Type: Permanent
- We are currently looking for experienced candidates with very sound Loan Recovery experience to lead teams in the following locations, North Central, Benin, Port Harcourt and Lagos.
- Originate Loan repayment proposals for requests from indebted customers for management’s consideration.
- Initiate proposals for realization, repossession, and sale of pledged assets and properties of indebted customers.
- Rendition of monthly debt recovery reports for the zone to the ZH for onward submission to Financial reporting, Performance management and DH, Remedial Management & Credit Recovery Division
- Achieve recovery financial target in line with advised budget
- Recovery of watch-list accounts & transferred accounts with early warning signals to avoid further deterioration
- Manage relationship with debtor customers to ensure compliance with repayment agreements, court orders, regulatory request (EFCC, CBN, Police etc) & restructure request.
- Review, process and reconcile accounts of indebted customers complaints to ensure amicable resolution & payment of agreed sum
- Conduct and document recovery visitation to customers
- Management of Memorandum bad debts portfolio and Loan Loss portfolio within assigned business offices
- Qualification: At Least Second class Lower in Law / Humanities and not more than 35 years old
- Experience: At least 3 yrs work experience as Recovery officer in Financial services/ Law firms
- Knowledge of the Loan Recovery function.
- Basic credit Skills.
- Good Customer relations
- Communication Skills
- Basic banking operations knowledge.
- Effective reporting
- Negotiating Skills.
Application Closing Date
13th February, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online